Friday, January 21, 2011

Ambulance Service Mission Statement

The courage to say NO

I just said that I worked for peanuts e. .. lupus in fabula.

I contact a potential customer (translation agency) are looking for very specialized translators. Rates offered by hunger. The price premium paid to translators who work for a long time is far below the desirable rates.
I answered NO .
Although not particularly full of work right now, even if some money is always comfortable, even if it is a new customer.

The translator is a job, not a hobby, not (only) a passion. With my work as a translator we pay the bills and the mortgage, we do the shopping. I studied for five long years a difficult subject, I did my apprenticeship, as a chemist and as a translator, I returned to play 30 years and I studied hard to become a full-time translator. I do not want to sell off all this, I will not sell out.

Unfortunately, the translator, like many other professions now must negotiate the price downwards if want to work, but fortunately not all. A translation can not be bought at the market or at auction. It 's a work of a professional and - as such, has its price. Usual hackneyed phrase: if I go to a lawyer / dentist / primary pay the bill without question. I have a price, my work has a price. Point.
If all of my colleagues think so, even the customers, especially the agencies, they adapt. But this talk is as old as Job.
It is important to be consistent with themselves and know what it's worth.
I said NO, because, as a note advertising says, "Because I'm worth .

0 comments:

Post a Comment