Monday, January 31, 2011

Freightliner Sprinter 2010

quick way to organize files and folders


Short post to suggest a method of organizing Files and folders on your computer.
First, create a personal folder with your name.
Inside, create as many folders as there are areas of interest (eg, work, website, blog, social, etc.).. To order in terms of importance precede the name of a serial number to two digits: eg:
01-job, 02-site, 03-Misc.
Zero prevents writing 10 steps in front of the folder 2, 3, etc..
Within each folder, create subfolders are required and the other the same way.
For example, in 01-WORK:
01-Clients, 02-Works, 03-Bills, etc..
Continue in this way all the necessary subfolders. The only exception, as far as I'm concerned, are the customers: I make a folder for each client, named with the full name of the client. In this way I have a customer list in alphabetical order. Useful even if I do a mail box customers from Windows Explorer.
A similar thing can be made to the suppliers.
Within each folder, I make a folder for each client practice, which is designated as the practice, in order to find just what I need.
then created an Excel file with a list of jobs with customer number practice (I can be a gradual extension or number that gives the customer - The folder of work will be called with the same name / number), date of delivery charge, date of delivery work, price paid, invoice number, date of payment. The items to be included in this list are at the discretion of staff work.
I just know that I've tried various billing software (specifically for translators and others), but I still prefer a nice Excel spreadsheet to opportunities of customization and ease of use.
That way I can also make personal use of simple statistics (eg. Those who work for months, if I handed the work over this period, how many practices he gave me the individual customer, and so on). With this simple
method of organization I have a view that reflects the importance of various folders easily and quickly find what I need without having to search for all the PC each time. It 's true that there is a search function, but this way I control the situation even more.
And you, you have a better one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment