Tuesday, February 22, 2011

High Open Cervix Before Period

Horror vacui

Horror vacui (literally fear of emptiness) of a freelancer is the phenomenon that the mailbox has no new mail, the phone does not ring, the practitioner has finished all the work and has nothing to do .
course, has just completed a period of overwork, which has ignored everything else and all. Of course, it must carry out the administrative work, marketing, training professional. Of course, should go out with friends, take a few days of rest. Ma ..
begins to think that it is normal to be without work, he has never been a dead period, this. It 's true, there is a crisis, oh God, we hope it has not affected all customers. Existing customers do not call, there will be some problems, I will have done something wrong, have not been happy. No new customer, how do I make myself more visible? To improve the quality of my services? What did I do wrong so far? And so the professional begins a very tough examination of conscience, which accuses the situation.
Then he begins to think the fees payable to the customer that the late payment, installment that is about to expire, the costs next month ... and falls into despair.
Unfortunately, it is a fear that, for many professionals, not even beginners. A recent post by ProZ talking about this (in English):
http://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/191465-getting_used_to_busy_totally_empty_workload_periods.html

I, personally, I feel helpless and hopeless. Also because it seems to me that all my colleagues are full of work and I am here only to turn around their thumbs. Maybe someone can say that it is a form of insecurity, a lack of self-esteem. But ... but if there is no work and nothing else.
This is one of those periods. I'm trying to dedicate myself to something else, to marketing, to follow those courses that I have always put off, but there is the worm that gnaws and corrodes. Yoga and relaxation techniques are not required.
This is one of the downsides of a freelancer. If you are an employee, even if for a week I have little to do, the salary at the end of the month is the same. Maybe in two days I have left everything I have said, in a week I'll be exhausted from a sleepless night to finish that project. I hope, but now there is a great, great terror of the void.
But how do you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment