Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where Do The Tennis Players Put The Balls

Logbook

Comparison with other colleagues is always useful, I believe. Sometimes the suggestions are involuntary, but looking here and there are excellent opportunities to improve their career and working mood.
Speaking of marketing and finding new clients, many successful colleagues use a diary (paper, virtual, electronic form of software) that keep track of contacts / jobs receive every day, noting various details: the client, if new or regular customer, type of work, maturity, offer made to work if the work was accepted by the client, if the translator, etc..
In this way you can do a variety of analysis, useful to plan the workflow, not alarmed during periods of low season, to know how many customers who have given more work and more interesting during the evaluation.
The idea seemed good and very useful, so I decided to keep a diary too.

On my weekly planning, from 15 February, I began writing down daily assignments received, contacts, the contact method (mail, telephone, through the website, etc..) Offers made, the papers accepted / rejected.
In this way I can get a variety of useful information, suitable for planning future marketing strategies but also the work flow and any rental:
- how many customers and what they gave me work
- I have gained many new customers
- the rate offered for the job
- which is the time for those who died of overwork and
-
the nature of the projects - for translations, the language pair translation
- the most common mode of contact
- as I have seen new customers

end of the year I can do statistics, but in the meantime I decide to "fix the Game", for example, on mode of acquisition of new customers (I have to improve the site, respond more quickly to email, to increase productivity?). Maybe it will also prevent forced breathing during periods of weak, having a finding that the year before that period turned out to be poor (the only memory can do tricks).
a few months will tell how useful this new tool, which seems very important in several respects.
And you, you have a similar tool?

0 comments:

Post a Comment